3 Programmes That I’m Loving on Netflix Right Now

I’ve been having a bit of a struggle thinking of what to post on my blog over the last couple of weeks. In terms of my plans, my new music series The Legend Slot is the only blog content that I actually have planned in advance. I’m at a bit of a crossroads with my content right now to be honest. I’m wanting to go all out with the fashion content. But, given the gloomy weather, I haven’t had a lot of time to go out and shoot. And more often than not I’m finding myself indoors in my loungewear anyway!

After a mini reflection I realised that maybe I should just write about what I’ve been doing on my lazy days inside hiding from storm Ciara, Dennis and now apparently a storm Ellen as well (!!??!). And if I’m being completely honest I’ve just been doing a lot of Netflix-watching.

Aside from the obvious must watch, To All The Boys 2, (which I may have already watched 3 times since it’s release last week) I’ve been discovering and catching up with some really great TV shows. I for one know that I can always do with a recommendation for what to watch on Netflix.Β  So I thought why not share my current watches as well? Here’s what I’ve been loving on Netflix.

Next in Fashion

I guess this is a very apt one to start with, given we’re in the busiest month of the fashion calendar (fashion week.) And with London Fashion Week coming to an end this week Next in Fashion is the perfect way to get your little hit of style once it’s over.

With Alexa Chung and Tan France as the hosts of the show, Next in Fashion follows 18 fashion designers as they compete to win $250,000 and a collection that will be featured on luxury retailer Net-a-Porter.Β  Each of the designers are professionals however they aren’t yet household names.

Every week, in pairs, the designers are set a specific themed challenge and are asked to produce two outfits that are ready for the runway. And to kick it off they start with a Red Carpet theme. If you’re like me and love a programme that showcases creative talent then this is definitely something to add to your watchlist.

Terrace House

If you haven’t heard of Terrace House then you are seriously missing out. First airing back in 2012, Terrace House is a Japanese reality TV show. The idea behind the show is that 6 strangers live together and are filmed throughout the space of a year.

The show starts with three men and three women who have never met before who all move into a lavish house (seriously the houses are always INSANE). Some of them have moved across the country into the house, sometimes even from an entirely different country, and some are from the city already. They all go about their usual lives but throughout the series they learn to live together and get to know each other as friends and potential romantic partners.

At any point during their time on the show they can choose to leave. This could be because they no longer want to be part of the house, they feel as though they’ve achieved all that they wanted to do from the house or something else. And when they do leave, someone new comes in to take their place.

One of my favourite parts of Terrace House is the group of commentators for each episode. They get together and watch every episode, giving their opinion on everything that’s going on. Every 15 minutes or so the show will cut to the commentators for their reactions on what’s happening that episode. It’s such a cool format!

So far there’s been 5 seasons of Terrace House. Each seasons was set in a different area of Japan, and one in Hawaii. The most recent series for 2019/2020 is set back in Japan in Tokyo.

Grace & Frankie

After finding out that their husbands aren’t just work partners and have actually been romantically involved for two decades, Grace & Frankie tells the story of two women in their 70s as they attempt to cope with the circumstances they’re suddenly in.

The show’s been running for 5 years. So if you’re thinking of starting it, you’ve got plenty of great watching ahead of you! I’m still a few seasons behind as it’s not a show that I find myself binge-watching. It’s more of a gradual watch for me. I actually started it months ago but I’m enjoying casually watching it when I’m in the mood for an easy-watch comedy.

What shows are you currently watching on Netflix? I’m always looking for Netflix recommendations so make sure to comment your current favourites! Have you watched any of the programmes I’ve featured? What did you think of them?

Sign up to my newsletter for exclusive monthly content here.Β

*Photography by Lauren Mancke via Unsplash.

Read next: The Legend Slot: Elton John.

1. Kate
    February 18, 2020

Okay, I haven’t watched Terrace House or Grace & Frankie, but I’m obsessed with Next in Fashion! I binge watched the entire season over two days and have absolutely no regrets. I’m dying for season 2 already.

Kate | thelittlecrunch.co.uk

February 19, 2020

Isn’t it amazing! I watched the whole thing in a few days as well – so good x

2. I’m interested in watching “Next in Fashion” as it reminds me of Project Runway. I used to love watching that growing up! I just started watching a Korean Drama called Crash Landing on You, but I’ll definitely look for Next in Fashion & add it to My List. πŸ™‚

February 26, 2020

Project Runway was the best! I guess Next in Fashion is a lot like it actually, so you’ll probably enjoy it πŸ™‚ x

3. Kim
    February 19, 2020

Thanks for sharing these. I’m always looking for new shows or movies to watch on Netflix. And these are all new to me.

February 27, 2020

Glad you enjoyed discovering some new shows! x

February 19, 2020

I haven’t seen either of the first two, but honestly, sign me up for anything with Alexa Chung and I’m there so I need to check that one out. I watched a little bit of Grace & Frankie S1 but never finished, I should really pick that one up again too, I seem to remember enjoying it at the time x

February 26, 2020

Haha, Alexa and Tan are the ultimate presenting duo so I would 100% recommend giving Next in Fashion a watch! x

5. Lauren
    February 19, 2020

Grace and Frankie my mum watched and thought it was funny. I haven’t heard of the other two! Thank you for reading and commenting!

February 26, 2020

Grace and Frankie is such a fun show – it’s something different to your usual comedy as well x

February 19, 2020

These sound like great series to watch on Netflix! x

February 26, 2020

They’re all fab, and completely different from each other as well! x

7. Jared Davies
    February 19, 2020

I SO want to watch Next In Fashion, looks so good!!

Jared | http://www.jareddavies.co.uk

February 26, 2020

It’s such a fab show! x

8. Ney
    February 19, 2020

I freaking love Terrace House! Discovered it while living in Tokyo and it was a great tool to learn Japanese while being entertained. And I’m just like you, I love the parts with the commentators. They are hilarious!

February 27, 2020

Isn’t it amazing! The commentators make the show for me – they’re so funny x

9. Makeup Muddle
    February 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing these, I’m always looking for new things to watch on Netflix and I’ve not seen any of these yet! xo

MakeupMuddle.com

February 27, 2020

They’re all really great programmes and they’re completely different to each other as well! πŸ™‚ x

10. Beka
    February 21, 2020

I haven’t seen any of these, but Terraced House sounds so interesting?? I might watch the first episode and see how I like it, it sounds refreshing compared to most reality shows on the tele at the minute! I’ve been watching a lot of Bob’s Burgers on Amazon prime at the minute and I just love it so much, it’s so funny 😌

Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com

February 26, 2020

Terrace House is fab! You should defo give it a watch when you get the chance – it’s completely different to your usual reality TV show. Oh I LOVE Bob’s Burgers! x

February 22, 2020

I finally watch the TATBILB2 yesterday, and it was divine!! The whole aesthetic & cinematography of those films is to die for. I have yet to see any of these shows, oops :’) Terrace House sounds super interesting! xx

February 24, 2020

Ahh wasn’t it amazing! Terrace House is such a different type of TV show so I would definitely recommend watching πŸ™‚ x

12. Emma
    February 25, 2020

I’ve got both Grace & Frankie and Next in Fashion on my to watch list! I think I’ll have to move them up to the top. I’ve watched Tan’s videos on Youtube where he styles famous people and he’s so much fun to watch!

February 28, 2020

I absolutely love Tan France so when I heard that he was presenting the show with Alexa Chung I knew I had to watch it! x

13. Bexa
    February 25, 2020

These sound like great shows to watch on Netlix! I especially love the sound of Terrace House, that is such an interesting concept, I imagine it is quite addictive to watch. I’ve recently got into Love Is Blind, I didn’t think I would enjoy it but I can’t stop watching it and want to see what happens to the couples πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing your recommendations Faye, great post! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

February 26, 2020

Terrace House is such a unique show – especially for a ‘reality’ show! I’ve heard a lot about Love is Blind – I’ll have to watch it x

14. Anna Elle Liz
    February 27, 2020

I haven’t seen any of these yet but Terrace House looks like it’s a less dumb version of Big Brother! I’m currently obsessed with The Circle, Love is Blind, Cheer, and Love Rosie.

February 28, 2020

You should definitely give Terrace House a watch if you’re looking for an alternative take on a reality TV show. Cheer is currently on my list as well so I’ll have to give it a watch. x

15. jess
    February 27, 2020

I’ve only watched one episode of Next in Fashion but I need to keep going! I’ve just started Love is Blind which is quite a fun watch!

February 28, 2020

I’ve heard a lot about Love is Blind and I’m definitely curious about it – it sounds crazy! x

16. Jenny in Neverland
    February 27, 2020

Yassss, Grace and Frankie! It’s such an underrated show! I’m going to be so sad when it ends next season but it’s amazing how long it’s gone on for. We’re currently watching Locke & Key, which is kinda intriguing. I’ve also started The Goop Lab, which is interesting to say the least!

February 28, 2020

I’ve still got plenty of Grace and Frankie catching up to do but I absolutely love it! I haven’t heard of Locke & Key or The Goop Lab before – I’ll have to look them up x

17. Lucy Mitchell
    February 27, 2020

I remember watching an ep on Terrace House a few years ago and then completely forgetting it existed. I may have to try it again. I have also watched a few eps of Next In Fashion and I’m enjoying it so far!

February 28, 2020

I’ve watched a few episodes of past series’ of Terrace House but this season is the first that I’ve watched every episode of and it’s been great! x

18. Britt K
    February 28, 2020

I love the idea of a group of commentators giving their thoughts on a show. I’ve been enjoying the 90 Day Fiance shows and they have ‘Pillow Talk’ where couples that were previously on the show come back to watch the show and share their thoughts. It’s SO funny!

March 2, 2020

Omg I love that idea! Sometimes on Terrace House past residents come to visit the new ones at the house which is always a lot of fun πŸ™‚ x

19. Angie
    February 28, 2020

I watched halfway through Next in Fashion, quite interesting, reminded me of Project Runway. (: ps, love you style! https://angiewaves.com/

March 2, 2020

It definitely gave me project runway vibes when I was watching it as well! Aw thank you so much πŸ™‚ x

20. Hayley
    March 2, 2020

Lately, I’ve just been watching films or chucking on friends to just have playing whilst i’m doing something haha!!
    It’s weird though, when I find a series I like I just binge it and then its finished haha – some of the series i have watched recently were; Unbelievable, The Stranger & just started Locke & Key – not sure about that one though.

Hayley || hayleyxmartin

March 7, 2020

I do the exact same thing with How I Met Your Mother or some sort of romcom that I’ve seen 20+ times before haha! I’ve heard a bit about Locke & Key from a few people so I’ll have to look into it x

21. Nancy
    March 7, 2020

It is great It is so cool to see how the fashion industry come up with different trends! I watched the LVFW show the other week and thought it was super cool. I haven’t seen Grace and Frankie before. Thanks for sharing your current watches!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

March 12, 2020

I loved watching Next in Fashion! Pretty much any fashion related TV show is up my street x

22. Sophie
    March 16, 2020

Thanks for sharing – I’m always looking for new Netflix recommendations and I haven’t watched any of these yet! My current favourites are the classics: Friends, HIMYM etc…

Sophie // SophieMLoves

March 21, 2020

HIMYM is one of those programmes that I could watch over and over again! I always have it on in the background when I’m tidying haha x

23. Charity
    March 20, 2020

I’ve watched a little Grace and Frankie before! That show is pretty funny! I definitely need to try to find some new shows on Netflix to watch right now since we are all stuck at home!

March 29, 2020

I’ve still got plenty of Grace & Frankie to catch up on – it’s such a fun show! x

24. Mehsi
    March 29, 2020

Nice post! I LOVED Next in Fashion it was so much fun and I loved the challenges. Here is to hoping for more seasons, preferably now. πŸ˜› I heard lots of people talk about Terrace House, guess it is high time for me to watch it. After I finished Dare Me of course, that show is WOW.

March 29, 2020

Next in Fashion was amazing! I hope more seasons come soon too haha. Terrace House is definitely worth a watch πŸ™‚ x