Trying The New Vegan Range at Yard & Coop Liverpool

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Yard & Coop in Liverpool to test out their new vegan menu for Veganuary [invited]. If you’ve followed my blog for a while then you might remember me sharing a few of my staple meat-free recipes over the years. So getting a chance to see what options Yard & Coop were offering for Veganuary definitely had me excited.

Yard & Coop, Hanover St, Liverpool L1 3DN

Known for their Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Yard & Coop have launched a special vegan menu for January along with a £1 prosecco deal (…dry January who? I don’t know her). Given that their focus is usually on fried chicken dishes, I had no idea what to expect when I heard about their new vegan menu. But I was definitely intrigued!

The Great Thun-Burger

After looking through the menu I was instantly drawn to the Greta Thun-Burger. As someone who will usually opt for the vegetarian or vegan option when it comes to burgers anyway, I was interested to see how Yard & Coop’s new vegan burger would stack up against some of my favourites.

Something that I’d never experienced was a meat-substitute burger that was so similar to a standard chicken burger. Normally when I go for the veg/vegan option I’ll have a seitan burger (which in my opinion is nothing like the texture of normal meat – in the best way!). But the not-so-chicken tot patty of The Greta Thun-Burger looked so much like chicken!

Bringing together vegan fried chicken, hash browns, vegan cheese, rainbow slaw and lime salsa, I was impressed! I was worried that the combination might be a bit soft but I found that it still had a bite to it which was lovely. The burger was served alongside vegan garlic mayo and skin on fries which were gorgeous (but so filling!).

The Drinks

Throughout January, you can get a glass of prosecco for £1 when your order any large plate, burger or chicken feast, or a vegan meal. Just make sure to book in advance and quote ‘£1 prosecco’ when you do. I enjoyed my prosecco whilst waiting for my burger and then decided to test out their cherryade which was delicious! I hadn’t had cherryade in years so this was a real treat.

It was such a great experience to test out some new meat-free meals and to see meat-focused restaurants adding new options to cater to everyone! Have you tried out Yard & Coop’s new vegan range yet? What did you think?

Blouse – & Other Stores (affiliate link) | Jeans – Arket (affiliate link)| Necklace – Nude Jewellery

Are you looking to try a few meat-free meals of your own? Why not give meat-free Monday’s a go by trying out a few of my lunch and dinner recipes!

Hummus, Feta and Pine Nut Wrap

Black Bean Rice

Beetroot and Feta Tart

Sign up to my newsletter for exclusive monthly content here

Read next: Reflecting On My Goals for 2019.

January 14, 2020

The burger looks absolutely delicious but I know what you mean about vegan burgers not sometimes having the same Bute. £1 prosecco is the dream too hahaha x

February 10, 2020

I was pleasantly surprised by their burger! I think seitan burgers are still my favourite of the vegan options but I still enjoyed Yard and Coop’s burger x

2. Ney
    January 14, 2020

Too bad I don’t live in the area, that burger looked amazing! So happy to hear that more restaurants are launching more vegan options.

February 10, 2020

It was so lovely! It’s great to see more vegan options popping up 🙂 x

January 14, 2020

Seeing you with a cherryade took me way back! I can’t remember the last time I even saw one of those! I’m glad you enjoyed what they had to offer. It looks a lot like a normal chicken burger! x

February 10, 2020

I honestly don’t remember the last time I had cherryade – such a throwback! It was a lovely evening x

4. Sophie
    January 15, 2020

Aww that looks amazing!

February 10, 2020

It was really lovely x

5. Lozza
    January 15, 2020

Mmmm this sounds and looks amazing!!

I’m not a vegan but I often eat vegan foods as I’m finding much more options for them now and they’re really tasty! 😊

Excellent review!

Love Lozza xo

February 10, 2020

I love going for the vegan option every now and then despite not being vegan myself – it was really interesting getting to try their vegan burger! x

6. Amie
    January 19, 2020

This looks absolutely incredible and right up my street! I need to go to Liverpool asap!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

February 10, 2020

It’s definitely worth trying if you ever get the chance! x

7. Jaya Avendel
    January 19, 2020

Oh my, we think alike! I laid eyes on just the menu description of the Greta-Thun burger and know that is what I would have tried. It sounds and looks delicious, and the thought of cherryade has made me thirsty.

February 10, 2020

Haha – great minds! The cherryade was dreamy x

January 20, 2020

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever tried any meat replacements other than that one time I tried a veggie burger :’) These options look pretty tasty though! I think that when I do try a meat substitute, I’ll want to go to a place like this xx

February 10, 2020

I’d never tried a meat replacement that was so similar to the meat version. I’ll usually go for a halloumi burger or seitan so trying a vegan chicken burger was a new thing for me! x

9. katelyn | embark to explore
    January 20, 2020

might just make a spontaneous trip to Liverpool w my boyf just to eat here (he ain’t vegan!) looks super yummy and prosecco for £1 – my kinda restaurant!!! lovely post x

February 10, 2020

Haha love it – you can never go wrong with £1 prosecco! x

10. Jody
    January 20, 2020

The food looks delicious! It all soubed lovely!!

February 10, 2020

It was a really lovely evening! x

11. Lauren
    January 21, 2020

What a great menu, I love so many places are having vegan options now! The food looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing your experience!

February 11, 2020

It’s great to see so many options for food now! It was a great little evening x

12. Jenny in Neverland
    February 5, 2020

I love trying Vegan food in restaurants, even though I’m not Vegan. Iceland do a meat free Vegan range that tastes EXACTLY like a chicken burger – actually, it’s better than a chicken burger! This place looks lovely :)x

February 5, 2020