My Vintage Clothing Collection

With just under a week left of September I thought I’d do my bit to promote Second Hand September. So, I’ve put together a part 2 to an older post that you might remember reading; My Vintage Coat Collection. If you’ve followed my blog or social media for a little while then you’ll know how much I love a good vintage coat. But, my love of vintage clothing doesn’t end at outerwear.

In honour of #SecondHandSeptember I thought it was time to share a few more pieces that I’ve picked up over the last year or so at charity and vintage clothing shops. Hopefully I can inspire you to give pre-loved clothing a go!

What is #SecondHandSeptember?

Second Hand September has been running throughout the month in order to inspire us to say no to new clothes for 30 days. Set up by Oxfam, the concept is incredibly simple: say no to buying new clothing for a month. With 11 million items of clothing ending up in landfill every week, the idea of the pledge is to get us to think about how much we are actually buying and throwing away. And hopefully to do something about it!

Oversized Denim Dungarees

A classic holiday staple of mine is an oversized dunagaree. There’s nothing worse than being on holiday wearing tight fitted clothing in the heat! These dunagarees have definitely become a must-pack of mine for my holidays. They just go with everything! Whether it be as a throw-on over my swimsuit for the beach or with a t-shirt and trainers for a casual day look.

But, not only are they perfect for the heat, they’re also amazing for layering up in Autumn and Spring. One of my go-to looks is layering them over the top of a jumper with tights and a classic pair of Dr Martens. Maybe even with a vintage suede-y on top too.

Checked Blue/Green Blazer

One of my most recent charity shop purchases has been this gorgeous Jaeger blazer. I picked this up about a week or so ago in my local charity shop and I’m already styling it up ready for Autumn (which is officially here!). Tailored pieces are something that I find really suit me so whenever I come across a great tailored piece in a charity shop I’ll usually pick it up.

It can be difficult to find a really great, versatile piece of tailoring so when you do you should snatch it up! What stood out to me was the colours within the jacket. I haven’t seen a lot of blue/green blazers on the high-street so this one felt especially unique to me. I can see myself rocking it with a poloneck and jeans in the day and a blouse in the evening. It’s going to be a super versatile piece and I’m incredibly excited to wear it!

Suede Tailored Jacket

If you’ve read My Vintage Coat Collection post then you’ll be aware of my love for vintage suede. This jacket is just another example of my suede love-affair. Although, my mum was the one who actually picked this piece up. It had sat in her wardrobe for months as she couldn’t figure out how to style it! I recently tried it on myself and we agreed that I would get more use out if it than it would sitting the back of her wardrobe!

Clip-Front Waistcoat

Out of all of my vintage pieces I have to admit this has gotten the least amount of use. However, I’ve recently been styling it up ready for the season ahead and I’ve found so many new ways to wear it. One of them being, yep you guessed it, over a poloneck.

I’ve found that it can add a real bit of glamour to a simple all black outfit. Imagine it with a pair of kick flares, heeled ankle boots and a simple black long-sleeve…dreamy!

Multicoloured 70s-Style Blouse

A little story about this blouse – I actually picked it up for a costume back when I was in university! I was heading on a 70s themed night out and found it one of my favourite vintage shops in Liverpool. Although it was for a costume, I wanted to buy something that I knew I’d wear in my everyday wardrobe. As a 70s fashion and music enthusiast I knew I’d get my wear out of it after the night out.

High Waisted Denim Midi Skirt

This piece I actually picked up on my holiday to Cádiz last month. I absolutely love browsing local vintage shops when I travel, and Cádiz didn’t disappoint! Denim skirts are something that will always been stylish, whether it be an A-line, mini or midi. So I knew it was worth picking this one up. It’s something that I know I can style up in so many different ways. Plus it’s ideal for day-to-night styling.

Have you been taking part in Second Hand September this month? What bits of vintage clothing have you managed to find in your local charity shops? Let me know in the comments! Hopefully I’ve managed to inspire you to check out your local charity shops for some vintage clothing of your own.

Read next: My Vintage Coat Collection.

1. Jasmine Burke
    September 24, 2019

I love the dungarees and the suede tailored jacket so much! I really need to get into vintage collection more!

Jas xx

September 24, 2019

The dungarees have served me well over the last couple of years! I’m looking forward to styling the new suede jacket 🙂 x

2. Becca
    September 24, 2019

Okay I looooove that 70s blouse – I neeeed! X

September 25, 2019

I love a good shirt and the fact that it’s such an out-there design just makes me love it even more! x

September 24, 2019

I absolutely adore the blazer it’s so Sheek and I really adore the colour. The denim skirt is so cute too x

Kayleigh Zara ?✨ http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

September 24, 2019

I can’t wait to wear it! Can’t beat a bit of tailoring x

4. Casey
    September 24, 2019

I love the suede piece and the blouse! I never knew there was such a think as second hand September. I’ve clearly failed this month as I’m pretty sure it’s the month that I buy the most clothes…maybe next year! Great pieces!

Casey | https://mccourtskee.com

September 27, 2019

I only discovered it this year so I’m thinking it must be fairly new! Definitely get involved next year if you can – it’s been so interesting to read about 🙂 x

5. Jennifer
    September 25, 2019

I love vintage clothing and the idea of not buying new clothes. A lot of my clothes are second hand because I can’t bear the thought of dropping my cash in a big box store. Thanks for sharing ?

September 27, 2019

There are always so many amazing hidden gems in vintage stores! It’s so much more satisfying seeking out unique pieces than shopping high street x

6. Laura
    September 25, 2019

I love that funky looking shirt, it has so much character and I reckon it can be easily dressed down or worn as sort of a fancy outfit piece 🙂 Vintage clothing is always so much more unique than on-trend pieces in my opinion. It really adds some uniqueness to one’s style! Thanks for sharing x
    Laura / https://www.laustworld.com

September 25, 2019

Thank you so much! Definitely agreed – it’s so satisfying wearing something that you know no one else will have x

September 25, 2019

The dungarees and blazer are 100% my fav picks from this lovely selection! I’m excited to go thrifting with a friend of mine this Friday; I’m on the hunt for some vintage denim jeans x

September 26, 2019

The dungarees are such a classic of mine! I hope you enjoy your vintage-shopping trip 🙂 x

8. Julie Buda
    September 25, 2019

I am going to a Vintage kilo sale in a couple of weeks and your post has inspired me of things to look out for!

September 27, 2019

Oooh that’s exciting! I hope you enjoy the sale. Glad I could inspire you! x

9. Sarah Winton
    September 25, 2019

I love the suede jacket – it has incredible details! I have a blazer addiction and my entire collection is either vintage or second hand. I find that the quality of modern garments just can’t compare!

September 27, 2019

Agreed! I absolutely love blazers – they just bring a whole outfit together. I’ve definitely got a bit of a vintage collection going when it comes to blazers and outerwear haha x

10. Nele
    September 27, 2019

These look beautiful!! And it’s so much better for the environment as well to shop vintage c: I always struggle to find anything when I go to secondhand or vintage shops, but maybe I should give it another try!

September 27, 2019

Ah thank you! I think the key to vintage shopping is having an idea of what to look for but still going in with an open mind. I always look out for clothing that was made in the UK because a lot of high quality clothing was made in the UK back in the day! x

11. Hannah
    September 29, 2019

Oh my gosh that checked blazer is such a good find! Love it xx

October 3, 2019

Thank you! I can’t wait to wear it x

12. Raven Black
    September 29, 2019

I love second hand clothing and hate that the local second hand shops have such a bad collection of clothes.

Thanks for sharing ❤️

October 29, 2019

I’ll often find that I hate most of what is in my local charity shop but when you find one amazing piece it’s worth searching through all the other bits! x

13. kat
    October 5, 2019

I love the Jaeger coat! It looks like such a staple! I am going to Belgium soon and in Brussels theres apparently a vintage store that sells by the kilo. I’m so excited because where I live at the moment, there’re no vintage stores!

October 7, 2019

Oooh that sounds fun – we have a few of them here but I’ve never been to one of the kilo sales. x

14. Hannah
    October 9, 2019

I love the dungarees and blazer! Keep toying with getting some denim dungarees but thought I’d ran out of summer time, hadn’t thought of still wearing it in autumn to!!

October 29, 2019

You can definitely style dungarees at this time of year! It’s all about the layering 🙂 x

15. Lexie
    November 3, 2019

I love thrifting and buying from charity shops – I get cool, unique things, that are cheap, the money goes to charity AND it’s good for the environment. Win-win.

Lexie

November 22, 2019

Such a win! I love have a good browse through vintage stores 🙂 x