Disco in September: Music Monthly

We’re just into the second half of September and the summer holidays are officially over (boo!). So for this month’s playlist I thought I’d try and liven up your back-to-work/school blues with a bit of disco. Arguably one of my favourite genres of music, disco is something that will forever put me in the mood for a boogie. And I’m hoping it might have the same effect on you this month!

Disco in September

Earlier in the year you might remember me sharing my February Funk playlist. If you enjoyed giving it a listen then this will definitely be one for you too! I’ve found that there’s quite a bit of an overlap between funk and disco music. Which is probably the reason why I love both genres so much! Both funk and disco just have a feel good factor to them when you listen. Don’t you think?

My Favourites from the Playlist…

Over the summer I managed to give Saturday Night Fever a watch and absolutely loved it. The soundtrack was definitely a favourite part for me. So of course, some of my favourite tracks on the playlist were from the film. More specifically the kings of disco; The Bee Gees. I’ve been a fan of The Bee Gees for years but watching the film reminded me of their amazing music. My favourite track being More Than A Woman.

A few other favourites are Sister Sledge’s Lost in Music and Love Come Down by Evelyn “Champagne” King. But, if I’m completely honest, I love every single track on this playlist. I can definitely see myself listening to this when I’m getting myself ready to head out in the evening. Or even just to have a little boogie to in the house.

Have you listened to disco music before? What are some of your favourite tracks to listen to? Are there any songs/artists that are completely new to you? I’d love to know in the comments.

Read next: August Ambience: Music Monthly.

Photography by Matthew LeJune via Unsplash.

1. justthegameoflife
    September 17, 2019

I do have a sweet spot for disco music haha

September 23, 2019

Haha it’s the best! x

September 17, 2019

There’s some great classics on that playlist! I love that Candi Staton song, it’s one of my Mam’s favourite songs! x

September 20, 2019

Glad you enjoyed the playlist! It’s such a tune isn’t it haha x

September 17, 2019

This is so upbeat! I have to admit I never usually listen to disco but it’s the kinda thing that makes me so happy the second I hear it, so I have no idea why I don’t listen to it more. This playlist is amazing x

September 20, 2019

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I think disco is one of those genres that everyone forgets about in their everyday listening but as soon as they remember it exists they love it x

September 18, 2019

The Bee Gees!!! I absolutely adore them; my favourite track by them is probably “Night Fever.” I always add at least one of their songs to my monthly playlists :’)

September 20, 2019

Night Fever is a classic! I had to do a dance to it when I was about 9 years old and loved it x

5. Chanel
    September 18, 2019

Disco music will never get old! Its so easy to feel happy when you’re listening to all the greats. If you haven’t seen The Get Down on Netflix, there’s a lot of disco influence in that and also the soundtrack has banger after banger!

September 20, 2019

Agreed! Disco is such a feel good genre. I’ve never heard of The Get Down but will definitely be checking it out! x

September 18, 2019

Oh my gosh some of these tunes are proper throwback songs, I love the variety. Thanks for sharing x

Kayleigh Zara ? http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

September 22, 2019

Haha glad you like it! Hope you enjoy listening x

7. Lozza
    September 18, 2019

Omg these songs make me feel alive!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    What a wonderful playlist to have ?

Love Lozza xo

September 22, 2019

Ahh I love that! I hope you enjoy listening to it 🙂 x

8. Capriecce Broughton
    September 18, 2019

I absolutely love your playlist, such feel good music. My favourite is Yes Sir, I can boogie. Enjoyed this read! X

September 23, 2019

Thank you! Hope you enjoy listening to it 🙂 x

9. Eleanor Pritchard
    September 18, 2019

I’m not a massive fan of disco music but then again you have added some Stella songs to the playlist (voulez-vous has to be my favourite on there)! x

September 22, 2019

Haha glad I could somewhat sway you towards to grooves of disco! Voulez-vous is a BOP x

10. Kirstie Till
    September 18, 2019

Love this post and bloody love a bit of disco!

September 20, 2019

Thank you! Gotta love a bit of disco x

11. claire
    September 18, 2019

Amazing songs! Not what I’d usually listen too, but when I do listen to music like this it always makes me feel good. Chakka Khan – I’m every woman is SUCH a tune!

Claire.X

September 22, 2019

Glad to see that I’ve hopefully inspired you to listen to a bit more of disco! That’s my whole aim with these monthly playlists – inspiring people to give other genres of music a listen x

12. Beauty Bulletins
    September 18, 2019

Never lost my love of disco. Disco Inferno. I will Survive. Funky Town. Le freak by Chic. Cheryl Lynn – Got To Be Real
    This new era can’t beat the old school.

September 23, 2019

There are so many amazing disco tracks! x

13. Samantha
    September 20, 2019

Disco is one of my favourite genres and always gets me in such a good mood! Also, loving this playlist!

Samantha | https://samanthajblogs.co.uk

September 22, 2019

Agreed – you can’t deny the feel-good factor of disco music. So glad you like the playlist! x

14. Amie Cadwallader
    September 22, 2019

Oooh I’m adding this playlist to my work playlist for tomorrow! Thank you for this.
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

September 22, 2019

Ahh I hope you like it! x

15. Aimsy
    September 22, 2019

There’s just something about disco music isn’t there? Cheers me up no end. There are some great tracks on your playlist, I don’t think I can choose a favourite!
    Thanks for sharing and making me want to listen to Disco!

Aimsy xoxo

September 22, 2019

Agreed! I’m so glad you like the playlist – I hope you enjoy listening to it x

16. Ashleigh
    September 23, 2019

I LOVE this premise!! I can’t say no to a little funk! ????

September 23, 2019

Ah that’s great to see! My Funk playlist from February is one of my absolute favourites from this year and this one was just as fun to make 🙂 x

October 5, 2019

I love Donna Summer and Diana Ross. Such legends! You seriously can’t disco without them!

October 7, 2019

Agreed! Hope you enjoy the playlist x

18. Manon Keupink
    October 11, 2019

Yewwwww! great playlist, definitely puts you in a good mood + I also love Saturday night fever (how good?!).
    Manon

October 18, 2019

Saturday Night Fever was so good – I can’t believe how long it took me to finally watch it! Thank you so much x

19. Emma
    October 23, 2019

I love disco! It needs to make a comeback!

October 28, 2019

For sure! You can’t beat it when you’re in the mood for a dance x