July’s Summer Vibe: Music Monthly

The second half of this years playlists begins! This one is a little different to my previous playlists. I thought that since we’re coming up to the main bit of the Summer holidays you might all appreciate a Summer specific playlist. So that’s what I’ve done for you. This July we’re talking all things Summer vibin’.

July’s Summer Vibe

As you might know already, I actually made a Summer playlist last year too. I love comparing my Summer playlists each year because they always vary so much. It’s so interesting to see how much my music taste has changed in one year!

My Favourites from the Playlist…

Considering the fact that I’ve included them three times in this playlist, I think it’s pretty clear that I’m all about Vampire Weekend right now. I’ve been a fan of theirs for years and absolutely loved their latest album. Of the three tracks I included, I think Spring Snow would have to be my favourite. Another favourite has to be the Jonas Brothers’ latest album. More specifically Every Single Time. This track just feels so summery to me. I can definitely picture myself sunbathing next month and listening to not only that track but their entire album.

A final favourite is Nothing Breaks Like A Heart. I watched Miley Cyrus’ set at Glastonbury and have had a few of her latest tracks stuck in my head ever since! Her set definitely divided opinion but I thought she was incredible. I’d never really listened to her music post-Party in The USA if I’m completely honest. But when she sang Led Zeppelin’s Black Dog (my favourite Led Zep song) I was blown away. Did anyone else watch her set? What did you think?

Are there any tracks that you enjoyed listening to in my July playlist? What are some of your go-to tracks for the Summer? Let me know in the comments!

*Photography by Aranxa Esteve via Unsplash.

Read next: June’s New Wave: Music Monthly

1. Asher
    July 21, 2019

ITs going to be SO hot this week! Hopefully this playlist will make me still feel summery even when I’m at work!
    Good post x

July 22, 2019

Such a shame that you’ll be in work! Hopefully the playlist will help x

2. Macey
    July 22, 2019

Yesss, the JoBros new album is so good & definitely super summery! I make a new playlist each month, so I’ve had a different song from their album on each of my last couple of playlists 🙂

July 23, 2019

I’m loving the album so much – I’m actually seeing them in concert next year too! I hope you enjoy the playlist x

3. Jess
    July 22, 2019

I have Khalid (Talk) on my Playlist as well. I love your playlist great choice

Jess

July 23, 2019

Thank you! I had that song on repeat the other week – it’s so good 🙂 x

4. Bekki
    July 22, 2019

Yes! I am all about those summer vibes.

The sun may be shining but I’ve got a big long list of things to do – so I’m going to crack on with my list, whilst listening to this. Mostly looking forward to Juice – Lizzo.

Thanks for sharing!
    Bekki

July 22, 2019

A summer playlist is an essential when you’ve got loads to do (I’m currently going through all of my stuff post-uni). Great song choice haha, I hope you enjoy the rest of the playlist just as much x

1. Bekki
        July 22, 2019

Thanks so much love!

July 23, 2019

I’ve got to say the only song on the list I’ve heard of is senorita and I quite enjoyed it so I will have to check out some.of the others! X

Kayleigh Zara 🌿 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

July 23, 2019

It feels like such a summery track to me! Hopefully you’ll enjoy the rest of the playlist x

6. Manon
    July 24, 2019

Even though it is winter in Australia, I sill love this playlist, so many good tunes!

Thanks for sharing!
    Manon (www.bonditobasic.com)

July 30, 2019

Glad you enjoyed it! 🙂 x

7. Izzy McLeod
    July 24, 2019

Vampire Weekend definitely have some great summer vibes! Will give this a listen on the way home 🙂

The Quirky Queer

July 27, 2019

For sure! Their new album is just so summery 🙂 Hope you enjoy listening to it! x

July 25, 2019

I love Miley Cyrus’ new music. Especially Cattitude and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart! They are both so different. I watched her set at Glastonbury on YouTube and I thought it was really good! She puts so much energy into her shows!

July 27, 2019

She was amazing at Glastonbury wasn’t she! Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and Mother’s Daughter are my current faves of hers 🙂 x