A Little Taste of Maray Albert Dock

Last Thursday I attended the press launch party [ invited ] for the new Maray on The Albert Dock in Liverpool. Having previously visited both the Bold Street Maray and my local Allerton Road venue, I was thrilled to get a chance to check out their latest one. Despite being a Liverpool local, I haven’t visited The Albert Dock as often as I probably should. But that will definitely change after visiting the new Maray.

On arrival we were greeted with a glass of prosecco at the bar on the right of the entrance. The venue was already buzzing with local bloggers and media all enjoying the live music. The venue was decorated in my favourite industrial style, with feature mosaic tilings around the kitchen and tables. Bare brick walls and double height ceilings also featured throughout.

After a quick wander around the main downstairs area we headed upstairs to the private function area. Ideal for large parties or busy nights, the upstairs area had stunning views out onto The Albert Dock. Just take a look at them! I couldn’t imagine a better spot for dining.

Once we finished our little tour, it was time to try some of the menu samples! Given that I’d visited their other venues before, I was particularly excited to see what the new restaurant had to offer.

Nocellara Olives

We started with a few nocellara olives, something that I think can divide opinion. For me, olives are an amazing addition to any dining experience. I’ve always loved how when you’re in Spain you’ll get a little dish of them with almost any drink you have. It’s the ultimate bar snack! So I was more than happy to indulge on them.

Raspberry Iced Tea

Perfect for the designated driver, or if you simply don’t fancy an alcoholic beverage, their Raspberry Iced Tea was an evening favourite. Mixing together raspberry, sumac (a tangy, lemony spice) and cold-brewed black tea, it was the ideal blend of sweet and bitter.

Cauliflower

Arguably their most famous dish, Maray’s roasted cauliflower is an absolute must-try. I ended up trying both the vegan and non-vegan versions of it on the night. The vegan version was actually my favourite! Served with tahini, yoghurt and harissa, it makes quite the statement when it’s served whole. Definitely one to check out when you visit.

Whip Royale Cocktail

Mixing together cucumber infused gin, lavender and prosecco, this cocktail was absolutely stunning. Super refreshing and light, making it perfect for the summer. I’ve definitely been inspired to give infusing gin with cucumber a go myself. If you’d be interested in a post of me trying out the cocktail (with a recipe) let me know!

Cured Salmon

Served with labneh (soft, creamy cheese), blackberry and lemon gel, this cured salmon skewer was a mind-blower for me. I have to admit that I wouldn’t typically order a cold dish if I was at a restaurant. But this little canapé change my mind completely.

I would never have thought that salmon would work so well with blackberries. But my god was it beautiful!

Decor

Exposed pipes and mix-and-match lighting were some of the stand-out decor features at the venue. With huge floor-to-ceiling windows at the front of the building, it’s the perfect spot for afternoon or evening. Ideal for solo dining and people watching too!

I finished the evening by talking to head chef Owen about the new venue. It was great getting to ask him a bit about the new restaurant and of course the amazing recipes. Discussing his vision for the brand was so inspiring to hear as well!

A huge thank you to the team at Maray for a lovely evening and to Think Publicity for inviting me! I for one am definitely looking forward to visiting again soon. Have you had a chance to visit yet? Let me know in the comments!

1. Becky
    July 16, 2019

This looks like a beautiful restaurant! Will keep it in mind if I’m ever across in Liverpool – the drinks look good!

July 16, 2019

I think its possibly my favourite of their three venues! Such a fab location x

July 16, 2019

Those views are amazing! I love the style of the restaurant and I’m sooo with you on the olives, they’re essential with every meal x

July 20, 2019

I could spend hours snacking and staring out at the view haha. Glad someone agrees with me! x

3. Manon
    July 17, 2019

One Whip Royale Cocktail please =D
    This restaurant looks lovely and their dishes look absolutely amazing. Yummm xx Manon

July 27, 2019

Haha the Whip Royale was gorgeous! Thanks for the lovely comment x

July 17, 2019

Being welcomed by a glass of Prosecco makes it the perfect start to an event! The cauliflower dish sounds real too nice. I love cauliflower, so anything cauliflower makes me happy! I think I’ll have to go here when I finally get to Liverpool!

July 27, 2019

Prosecco is the ultimate welcome haha! It’s definitely worth a trip 🙂 x

5. jess
    July 17, 2019

this looks lovely and beautiful restaurant, i haven’t been to Liverpool yet if i come back i will love to visit it x

July 27, 2019

It was such a great evening! Definitely check it out if you ever find yourself in Liverpool x

6. Natonya
    July 17, 2019

I’m from the states so I always get excited to read posts about trendy places in European cities! The cured salmon with blackberries sounds so unique, I’m curious to try it one day! This event was started off right when they greeted you with a glass of Prosecco! Cheers! The drink choices served seem to be on point too 🙂 I’m glad you had a lovely experience at the venue!

Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com/

July 27, 2019

You can’t go wrong with a glass of prosecco! The salmon was definitely something different and was so delicious 🙂 x

7. Macey
    July 19, 2019

This spot looks lovely! That raspberry tea sounds so delish, and that cocktail as well. Salmon anything is my kind of dish, so I’d love that!

July 20, 2019

It was a great little evening! I was surprised at how nice the salmon was – I’m a huge fan of fish but would never have thought of trying a cold salmon dish x

8. Geraldine
    July 21, 2019

Wow what a beautiful place and yummy food and drinks! My favorite has to be the cured salmon. It looks so good!! I wish there were blogger events near me. Thank you for sharing!

Geraldine | https://geraldinetalks.com

August 6, 2019

It was dreamy! Hopefully there will be events near you soon 🙂 x

July 21, 2019

I’m coming to Liverpool in about a month’s time and this place looks right up my street! I am a huge lover of salmon and that is something I would definitely pick on the menu! xx

July 22, 2019

Ooooh how exciting! All three of their restaurants are amazing so I’d definitely recommend visiting when you come. X

July 23, 2019

Oh my gosh the cured salmon looks to die for! The drinks look lovely too, and the few from the dock is so stunning..I honestly wished I lived closer as this would be somewhere I’d love to visit x

Kayleigh Zara 🌿 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

July 23, 2019

It was insanely good! If you ever find yourself visiting Liverpool you’ll have to test it 🙂 x