What’s Next? A Little Update

So by now you’ll know that I’ve finished university (and I’m graduating in two weeks!). And I’m back home in good ole’ Liverpool. Given the fact that I’m in the middle of a fairly significant lifestyle change, moving back home and all, it got me thinking maybe it was time to switch up the blog. You might have already noticed that I changed up my blog heading a bit (…or maybe not). And there’s been a bit of experimentation with my home page too. But anyway, before you start panicking over any crazy changes that could be coming I think I should clear up my thinking process with you.

Basically I’ve reached a point in my blogging “journey” (..?) where I’m not entirely the same person I was when I first started. When I think back to the starting point of Female Original, I was 19 and had almost finished my first year at university. As an almost-22-year-old I definitely feel a bit different to when I started. For starters…I’m not a student anymore. Which means university, which was once a large part of my content, isn’t something I’ll feature anymore. Although this is a bizarre thought, it’s just not a part of who I am anymore! As well as this, I’ve developed different interests to when I first started. Sustainable and ethical fashion being one of them. But also my increasing love of music, and recent experience producing music for my degree show (let me know if you want any content about my degree etc.)Β So, what’s next?

Food for Thought

Something that you might’ve noticed is that I’m really enjoying writing about Liverpool at the moment. Specifically food and drink within the city. I’ve always been a foodie (fairly obvious from the amount of food posts I have on this blog!). Whether that be eating out or cooking at home. While I was away at university there wasn’t a lot of exploring I could do in the world of food. I’d try a few different recipes every now and then and maybe have a brunch with some friends (rarely!) but I never really got a chance to fully experiment with cooking and dining out. I think part of this was the fact that I lived in a student house and they’re not exactly the most inspiring places to cook in! Either way, foodie content took a slight backseat over the last year of blogging because it simply wasn’t possible.

What I’m trying to say is that I’m planning on slowly integrating more and more food content into the next era of Female Original. And I’m pretty bloody excited about it!

More Music

As I’ve mentioned already, music is a huge interest of mine after working with it throughout my degree. Since the beginning of my blog I’ve always shared playlists with you all and it’s been one of my favourite things to do on here. But I was wondering if there could be a way for me to branch out with the kind of music content I create. I’m not entirely sure what my plan is yet but I’m toying with the idea of reviews and interviews. Obviously I’ll need to test out what I enjoy writing about when it comes to music. For all I know I might start exploring writing reviews and absolutely hate it. But I guess I have the summer to figure it all out!

Enough of me though, I want to read YOUR THOUGHTS! What content have you enjoyed the most on my blog? How do you feel about the potential changes? Is there anything that you want to see in the next stage of Female Original? Let me know in the comments as I’d really appreciate your feedback.

1. Nele
    July 2, 2019

Congratulations on finishing university! Such an exciting time πŸ™‚ I’d love to read more foodie blog posts, definitely! Maybe you can do blogs like “best places for lunch in Liverpool” or something, that’d be great to read πŸ˜€ Whatever you’ll end up doing, I’m sure it’ll be great!

July 9, 2019

Oooh I love the idea of featuring Liverpool lunch spots! Thank you x

July 2, 2019

Your content is always so fresh and current Faye! I love your music playlist posts, as somebody who loves listening to music on a daily basis, I love the songs you list as it gives me the chance to listen to something different! xx

July 8, 2019

Thank you so much Lucy! It’s great to see that you enjoy my playlists because I love making them πŸ™‚ x

3. Manon
    July 3, 2019

oowwww I am excited to see the changes you will make in your blog Faye πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to follow your new journey xo Manon

July 9, 2019

Thank you so much Manon! I’m looking forward to it πŸ™‚ x

4. Radi
    July 3, 2019

Congrats on finishing with school!
    Love the idea of sharing music!

July 9, 2019

Thank you! x

July 3, 2019

I really like your new blog heading! Congratulations on finishing uni. That’s such an amazing achievement! I’m looking forward to reading more of your food content! Hmm, I have found it really hard thinking of my favourite type of content on here – I think you do such a great job writing that I really enjoy reading your posts!

July 9, 2019

Thank you so much! It’s so lovely to see that you’re enjoying my blog πŸ™‚ I’m definitely looking forward to writing more food content x

6. Evie Braithwaite
    July 3, 2019

I’m also back home in Liverpool during summer and would love more Liverpool based content! I’m always seeking out new recommendations! I also love chatty posts, so write whtever you feel passionate about! Hope you have a fab summer and graduation x

Evie x | http://www.eviejayne.co.uk

July 9, 2019

Oooh amazing! I’ve got plenty of Liverpool content planned so I’m excited to share it πŸ™‚ x

7. Jess
    July 4, 2019

First congratulations for the graduation πŸŽ“ and welcome home.
    And so good to hear about you gonna write more food and music! I love those topic! I can’t wait to see more.

July 9, 2019

Thank you! Amazing – so glad that you’re looking forward to it all πŸ™‚ x

8. Ashleigh
    July 4, 2019

Congrats on finishing uni! Some of my most exciting adventures have taken place since leaving university, you have a lot to look forward to!

Ashleigh | http://www.ashmosphere.com

July 8, 2019

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll have plenty of things to look forward to πŸ™‚ x

9. Macey
    July 4, 2019

I’d adore hearing more about your degree, so please write about that! Congratulations on finishing uni; what an exciting new chapter lies ahead of you! I’ve for sure got two years left of uni as of right now, and I’ll eventually decide within these next couple of years if I want to stay in school to pursue my Master’s–which will keep me in school for at least two more years (that’s four more from where I am now!). I’d also love to hear more and more about Liverpool, as it’s somewhere I want to visit someday, and I’d love to know as much about it as possible before I get there πŸ™‚

July 9, 2019

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely be writing plenty of posts about Liverpool πŸ™‚ Is there anything specific about my degree/uni experience that you’d want to know more about? x

10. Kyra || lovekyra.co.uk
    July 5, 2019

Congrats on finishing uni! And do what you feel is right for your blog and what will make you proud of it, everything else will fall in place!
    -Kyra

July 14, 2019

Thank you so much! I’m looking forward to it all x

11. Sakshi Raina
    July 8, 2019

Congrats on finishing your university, it’s such an important point in ones life! I felt when you said that you aren’t the same person anymore when you first started. I feel the same way too and I do feel that it’s okay, we are meant to change and it should reflect on our blog as our blog is an extension of ourselves.

Looking forward to see newer content xx
    You go girrllll!

July 14, 2019

Thank you so much! I definitely agree that our blogs are an extension of ourselves so I’m excited to see where it goes πŸ™‚ x

12. A Cup of Wonderland
    July 8, 2019

Finishing university is such a terrifying experience, especially if it’s influenced a lot of your content. I just recently finished too and grateful that I kept my blog and university experience separate because right now while searching for a job my blog is giving me something else to focus on and continue to work on. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your graduation – mine isn’t until November!

July 14, 2019

Thank you! I definitely slowed down on the university content over the last few months which I’m glad about because it’s now slightly less daunting stopping it altogether! x

13. Anna
    July 10, 2019

Hey, congratulations on finishing, I hope you’ll celebrate it A LOT. Foodie content is always a good idea and I would definitely like to hear more about music because you don’t hear much about that on most lifestyle blogs. I think whatever you care about, write about that, because that will show through the content and people will enjoy reading this πŸ™‚ I also believe other topics are going to come along as your life goes on and changes after university – perhaps you will write more about workplace and career-related stuff? Who knows? πŸ™‚ exciting times! whatever you choose I am sure I will enjoy reading it.

xx A. | mylondonandbeyond.wordpress.com

July 14, 2019

Thank you! Agreed, I feel like there really isn’t a lot of music content out there on lifestyle blogs. It’s lovely to hear that it’s something you’re interested in though as sharing playlists is one of my favourite things to do on my blog πŸ™‚ x

14. Jenny in Neverland
    July 16, 2019

More music content would be amazing if that’s what you’re really passionate about!

July 16, 2019

It’s something that I’m definitely excited to do a lot more of on my blog! x

July 23, 2019

Congrats on finishing uni, and I hope you have a brilliant graduation? I’d personally love to see more foodie/ drink posts! X

Kayleigh Zara 🌿 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

July 23, 2019

Thank you so much! It was a lovely day – I’m looking forward to writing about it soon x