April Alternative: Music Monthly

Now I have to admit that when it came to making this playlist I had to Google alternative music as a term. And no, that isn’t because I don’t listen to alternative music because I listen to plenty of it! The issue was that I wasn’t exactly sure what was considered to be alternative music. So, if as a keen listener of the genre I couldn’t define it, I realised that it’s probable that not many of us CAN define it! From what I gathered it seems that alternative music is basically a bridge between two different genres. Not quite pop not quite rock? Alt it is. Correct me if I’m wrong in the comments though!

April Alternative

My Favourites from the Playlist…

I think what makes this playlist so special for me is that I’ve made it into a bit of a throwback playlist. When I listen to it it takes me back to when I was around 15 and loved alternative music. So, as I was putting it together I definitely felt a sense of nostalgia. Even 6 or so years on, I still love a lot of the same songs. My first favourite from the playlist is I’m A Realist by The Cribs. This is arguably one of my favourite songs ever. Full stop. Pretty much every playlist that I’ve ever made includes this track on it, it’s just too good!

Another classic favourite is All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers. The Killers as a band pretty much sum up my entire childhood. I have such clear memories of going on long drives with my family and listening to their albums on repeat. I could have so easily put 10 of their tracks on here but finally settled on this one. Finishing off my favourites is Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s So Good At Being In Trouble. I completely forgot this song existed until I was in London a few weeks back and it came on in a shop (isn’t that always the way!).

Let me know what you thought of this post in comparison to my previous ones. Is alternative music something that you listen to a lot or are you more of a funk, jazz or musical person? If you haven’t already, make sure to give my other 2019 playlists a listen.

*Photography by Travis Yewell via Unsplash

1. Payton
    April 21, 2019

Alternative!!!! My favorite genre! I love seeing your monthly playlists and this one’s been my favorite so far. Can’t wait to see what other genres you showcase next. (:

April 21, 2019

Aw thank you so much! It really means a lot to see that you’re following the series. Glad you enjoyed this month’s! x

2. Marina W
    April 22, 2019

This post is absolutely amazing to read, Love all the pictures and style.
    Looking forward to reading more of your blog, have a nice week darling 🙂

– Marina W

April 22, 2019

Thank you! Have a lovely week x

April 22, 2019

I have quite an eclectic taste in music, if I like it, I’ll listen to it! Expect rock, I am really not a fan of rock music! xx

April 22, 2019

I love that mindset! I’m the same really, I’ll listen to anything that I like regardless of the genre x

4. Monica
    April 22, 2019

My sister loves alternative music so might send this to her! She also listens to a lot of Jamie T! Thanks for putting it together! Looking forward to your next post! Monica @ http://www.thewongblog.com

April 22, 2019

Hopefully she’ll enjoy it! Thank you x

April 22, 2019

This is exactly my kind of music and I totally get you that I’d also struggle to define what I class as alternative. I’m seeing so many of my favourites on that playlist, I can’t wait to give it a listen.

April 25, 2019

I’m so glad that you like the sound of the playlist! I hope you enjoy giving it a listen x

6. Rachel Wuest
    April 24, 2019

Okay, BANGING playlist! I love that AM and Father John Misty song, probably one of my favorites by both artists.

Rachel || http://anotherstationanothermile.com

April 25, 2019

Haha thank you so much! I hope you enjoy listening to it x

7. Deborah Wyatt
    April 25, 2019

My music is so alternative, not many have heard of it, industrial techno, gabba, hardcore, doomcore, speedcore

April 27, 2019

Ooh that’s super interesting though! I listen to all genres of music so it’s fun to discover other peoples favourites x