March Musicals: Music Monthly

Well that’s a lot of “m’s” in the title isn’t it! I’m back with another playlist for you all ready for March. This month my focus is on musicals. Whether you’re into the classics or more modern musicals, there’s definitely a little something for everyone this month. I’ve had such a fun few weeks putting this one together. It definitely took more research than my Jazz and Funk playlists but it was worth it. I’m hoping you’ll all agree with me on that!

March Musicals

My Favourites from the Playlist…

I think it’s pretty clear to tell that I’m a huge fan of La La Land in this playlist. That and Les Miserables. Quite the difference between the two I know! However, I think it can be agreed that even though they’re totally different, both films are full of absolute tunes. Mia & Sebastian’s Theme is one of my favourites in the film for sure. It’s such a huge part of the film and it’s one that I love playing on piano whenever I’m home. The Cell Block Tango has to be another iconic track in this playlist. If you haven’t seen Chicago before then you are missing out on a great film! The scene in which Cell Block Tango plays was always my favourite part of the film when I was younger and remains to be so now as well.

A Little Bonus

This month I wanted to add a little bonus track to the playlist. When I was putting it together there was one song that I knew HAD to be on the playlist. But, as I was searching through Spotify I realised that it wasn’t on there. So, without further ado, here is my ultimate song for March musicals… Prince Ali. I don’t know about you but I for one am incredibly excited for the live action version of Aladdin this year!

What are your favourite musicals of all time? Let me know in the comments. What did you think of my selection of songs from musicals?

*Photography by Neal Kharawala via Unsplash

1. Asher Downer
    March 16, 2019

This is SUCH an interesting post! I love musicals x

March 16, 2019

It was so much fun putting it together! x

2. Payton
    March 16, 2019

I love this! I’ve been loving the Mean Girls soundtrack lately, and also Annie which is such a classic must-have.

March 17, 2019

Annie is a classic! I haven’t seen it in years x

3. Lorna Cole
    March 17, 2019

I’m a huge musical lover and definitely need to go see more on stage, you’ve definitely got a great selection of songs here and some I need to listen to again for sure!x

March 17, 2019

I’d love to be able to see more on stage! I definitely don’t go to the theatre enough (barely ever haha) x

4. Annie
    March 18, 2019

I love the selection of songs! There are some great Disney ones there! Cell Block Tango holds a very special place in my heart so I always love listening to that one. There are so many musicals I love, it’s hard to pick just one! Great post!

March 19, 2019

The Cell Block Tango is a classic! Thanks for reading and listening x

5. Main Mom
    March 19, 2019

Awesome playlist for belting your heart out!

March 20, 2019

Thank you! X

March 19, 2019

I love One Day More. It’s one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite musicals.

March 20, 2019

Same here! It makes me feel so hyped up whenever I listen to it Haha x

March 20, 2019

This is such a great playlist! Musicals have such a feel good vibe. They’re such a good easy listen too x

March 21, 2019

Thank you so much! They’re so great for lifting your mood x

8. Alice
    March 21, 2019

This post is right up my street, I’m definitely adding that playlist onto my favourites as it’s SO perfect. I’m glad La La Land is included on it, people always slate it but I absolutely love it! My favourite musical at the moment is Hamilton, I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack but my all-time favourite has got to be Les Miserables.

Alice x

March 21, 2019

I never understood why so many people seemed to hate La La Land! Honestly it’s one of my favourite films. Les Mis has the BEST soundtrack ever! x

9. Sunkissed Scribbles
    March 21, 2019

I love musicals. I love Mamma Mia so much – watched the movies so many time and saw it on stage for the first time last month. So many great songs in that. I love Chicago too. But the latest one I’m in love with is The Greatest Showman – sooooo many brilliant songs in that film and I was just blown away by it. Rewrite The Stars is one of my faves from it, along with A Million Dreams (I love P!nk’s version).

March 21, 2019

Rewrite The Stars and A Million Dreams are my two favourites as well! I haven’t heard P!nk’s version yet x

10. Aaliyah
    March 21, 2019

Any songs from Hairspray I love! I haven’t seen the musical or the movie in years so this post has definitely reminded me to go and watch it again this weekend! X

March 21, 2019

I haven’t seen it in years either! I loved it when I was younger though so I’ll definitely have to give it another watch soon x

11. Michel
    March 21, 2019

I loooooove Aladin😍
    If you should ever come to Germany you have to check out “Tanz der Vampire” (“Dance if the Vampires”) – it’s really a classic and I believe they even have a translated version for a more international audience

March 21, 2019

Ooh that sounds cool! Aladdin is one of my favourite Disney films, I can’t wait for the live action version x

12. Erin Grace
    March 24, 2019

I love this playlist!! I am also a huge fan of musicals, Les Mis being my favourite on stage and La La Land my favourite on screen, so of course I was super excited by your choices!! Most of these are on my own musicals playlist but the ones that aren’t I will be adding to it! X

Erin // Everything Erin

March 25, 2019

Les Mis is such a classic! La La Land could possibly be my favourite one if not Les Mis. Glad you enjoyed it! X