Hummus, Feta and Pine Nut Wrap

It has come to my attention that I haven’t shared a recipe on the ‘ole blog in a fair while. When it comes to recipes, one of my habits is sharing an image of a new recipe on Instagram and then completely forgetting to feature it on my blog. And that was certainly the case for this recipe! Inspired by a Hummus Flatbread recipe that I came across on Pinterest by Healthy Aperture, I put my own little twist on it. I’ve always loved taking a bit of inspiration from other recipes and then making them my own. So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try out my own version of it.

Ingredients

1 Wholemeal Wrap (or whatever wrap you prefer)

4 tbsp low fat hummus

40g feta cheese

Small handful pine nuts

1-2 tbsp caramelised onion chutney

Balsamic vinegar

Salt and pepper

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

Put your wrap onto a pizza tray and heat in the oven for approx 30 seconds.

While the wrap is warming, add your pine nuts into a small pan and lightly toast on the hob.

Remove the wrap from the oven and spread your hummus onto it. Return to the oven for another 30 seconds.

Remove the wrap from the oven again and crumble your feta and chutney on top.

Finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and return it to the oven.

When you’re starting to see the wrap crisp a little, remove it from the oven.

Add your toasted pine nuts over the top and season with salt and pepper.

This recipe has quickly become one of my favourites for when I want a simple but delicious lunch. If you’re looking to up your lunch game then definitely give this recipe a go. You could even change up the toppings to suit your taste. Let me know what you thought of the recipe and if you have any great lunch recipes to share with me!

1. Anne
    March 6, 2019

This sounds like an interesting recipe

March 6, 2019

It’s such a great lunch recipe! x

2. Chantelle
    March 8, 2019

Oh my god this recipe looks great! I will definitely have to give this a try! 🙂

March 8, 2019

It’s so tasty and super easy to make! I hope you enjoy it x

3. Via Singh
    March 8, 2019

I love hummus and this is so easy and looks yummy. Will definitely try it. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

March 8, 2019

Same here, it goes with so much as well! I hope you enjoy it x

4. Chloe
    March 8, 2019

This sounds delicious, I’m trying to cut down on my meat intake so this will be a great lunch x

March 9, 2019

It’s a great recipe if you’re trying to cut down on meat! I love making vegetarian recipes whenever I can and sharing them on my blog. If you’re looking for more meat-free recipes I have a few on my blog x

5. Joy Nibbs
    March 9, 2019

This looks so delicious! I want to try it out.

March 9, 2019

It’s so delicious and super easy to make! Thanks for reading x

6. Anika May
    March 9, 2019

This is such an interesting idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

March 9, 2019

Wraps are so versatile, I’ve been using them as an alternative to a pizza base recently as well! Thanks for reading x

7. OnyinyeOlufunmi
    March 9, 2019

I have never tried hummus before but definitely considering it after this. Thank you.

March 9, 2019

Definitely give it a try! It’s such a versatile food x

March 14, 2019

This looks amazing. I’m definitely going to make this! I love hummus.

March 15, 2019

It’s such a great quick lunch recipe! x