My Vintage Coat Collection

If you’ve ever taken a trip to my Twitter profile then one of the first things you’ll learn about me is that I love a good bit of vintage clothing. Particularly a cool coat. I’ve been thinking a lot about ways that I can include a bit of my personal style on my blog without relying on someone to take outfit pictures of me. As much as I’d love to have beautiful images of me sporting my favourite looks on my blog, I just don’t really have anyone who can take them for me (any volunteers?). So, I was thinking of alternative ways to show you my, self-proclaimed, incredible style and thought why not do a bit of a vintage fashion post?

Something that I’ve noticed in my year or so of blogging is that not many bloggers seem to be into vintage clothing. Now maybe that isn’t true but from what I’ve seen so far it seems to be the case! With so many of us taking more of an interest in sustainable fashion, I thought that it’d be fun to do something a bit different and share my vintage outerwear pieces with you. Maybe I’ll even inspire some of your to give vintage clothing a try.

Green Leather

A familiar face if you may in the wardrobe of Faye (love a rhyme!). You’ll definitely recognise this piece from my What I Wore In Seville post and it won’t be the last you’ll see of it either. This has got to be my favourite coat of all time. If it hadn’t already been featured on my blog then I would’ve saved it until last but alas I’ve already shared it’s sheer beauty before. One of the best things about this coat is that it’s completely moulded to me from the amount of times I’ve worn it. You can actually see in the photo where it’s shaped to my arms which is both weird and wonderful. A green leather coat probably isn’t what you think when you envision an all-purpose coat but honestly it’s so easy to style.

Green leather vintage coat   Green leather vintage coat

Brown Suede

Oh the brown suede-y! This was my first ever vintage purchase and if I do say so myself a pretty strong one too. Starting off what has become my love of all things 70s, I picked this up for £30 from one of my favourite shops back home in Liverpool. I know, £30 for an authentic 70s suede coat – an absolute steal right? I’ve definitely had my wear out of this over the years to the point where the lining is torn to pieces. But for an almost 50 year old coat it’s in pretty good condition on the outside.

Brown suede vintage coat.   Brown suede vintage coat.

Brown Snakeskin

My brown snakeskin jacket is something that, I have to admit, I don’t wear as frequently as my others. That isn’t because I like it any less than my other coats because I LOVE it. However, it’s just something that isn’t much of a daytime jacket for me. My classic way of styling it is with an all black look with heeled boots in the evening. Whenever I rock it for a night out it makes me feel like your typical “cool girl” and it’s obvious why – it’s snakeskin pattern! How could you not feel like the coolest person in the room when you’re glad in snakeskin print.

Brown snakeskin vintage jacket.  Brown snakeskin vintage jacket.

Green Suede

You might be asking yourself “ANOTHER GREEN COAT?!?”. Who could possibly need more than one green coat, right? Well, the jokes on you because I actually own three green coats (the third isn’t a vintage one).  In all seriousness though there is definitely room in your wardrobe for multiple green coats. I’m proving this truth right here, right now! I guess there is some argument that could say that this is in fact a blue suede coat but I’ve always thought of it as more of a green. The cut of this coat feels a bit more girly and less structured than that of my brown suede which I love every now and then. I’ve always been a fan of tailored clothing and the fact that this combined tailoring with femininity perfectly is a dream.

Green suede vintage coat.  Green suede vintage coat.

Brown Velvet

She wore brown (…blue) velvet! (points if you get the reference)My brown velvet jacket has become somewhat of a special occasion item. I picked it up for £15 in the same vintage shop as my suede coats and have whipped it out on a few specific events over the years. As a student I don’t really get many opportunities to wear this piece. But it is one of my favourites in my wardrobe which is such a shame! With graduation in the summer I’m hoping to get a lot more use out of it in my post-university endeavours.

Brown velvet vintage blazer. Brown velvet vintage blazer.

Well that’s it… my full vintage coat collection. I have no doubt that this will only expand over the coming years and honestly I can’t wait! Are you a fan of vintage clothing? What are some of your favourite shops to visit to fulfil your vintage clothing needs? Let me know in the comments. If you’re not a bit vintage lover I’d love to know why out of sheer curiosity!

1. Lauren
    January 31, 2019

These are all so cool! I love the brown suede one especially

February 2, 2019

Thank you! It’ll always have a special place in my heart as my first vintage purchase:) x

2. Lena
    February 1, 2019

Wow these are actually quite gorgeous!! I like the look of the Green Suade!

Thanks for sharing your collection!
    -Lena
    X

February 2, 2019

Aw thank you! It’s such a great coat for adding a bit of colour to a simplistic outfit 🙂 x

3. Michelle
    February 1, 2019

I am so in love with that brown velvet blazer. So many outfits I can think of to wear that blazer with.

Great pieces! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

February 2, 2019

It’s honestly so versatile! I can’t wait to wear it more after uni. Thank you! x

4. Patty
    February 2, 2019

Hurray for vintage clothes! The green leather one is gorgeous ❤️
    Patty x | https://www.pattycular.com

February 2, 2019

It’s quickly become my favourite of the lot! Thank you 🙂 x

5. Gemma Etc.
    February 2, 2019

Oh wow you have some really stunning vintage pieces! xx

Gemma Etc. ❤️

February 3, 2019

Aw thank you so much! x

6. Jasmin
    February 3, 2019

Oh such a lovely collection you have here! I really like the first one. x

✖Jasmin
    // overdosedoncaffeine.com

February 3, 2019

Aw thank you! It’s definitely my favourite x

7. Alisha Valerie
    February 3, 2019

Some of these coats are so beautiful, thanks for sharing your collection. 💜

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

February 3, 2019

Aw thank you so much! x

8. Lavrax Rinc
    February 3, 2019

I loooove the green leather one! I just check out your other post of what you wore in Seville and I LOVE how you styled it omg, I need tips. I love that polka dot dress. And yes girl with the green coats! That’s how I’ll know you from now on. Such an awesome collection x

February 3, 2019

Haha I’m so here for being called the green coat girl! Thanks 🙂 x

February 3, 2019

These are so beautiful! I love when you find a great vintage item. I have a charcoal velvet duster coat from a vintage store and absolutely love it. I think the brown suede is my favourite! x

February 3, 2019

Oooh that sounds lovely! It’s a classic 🙂 x

February 6, 2019

I am so jealous of your collection! The suede coats are gorgeous, but I love the green leather coat! I also love how it is made in England. I feel like I need to up my vintage coat collection game now!

February 7, 2019

The green leather will forever be my favourite! You can’t beat a vintage jacket that’s made in the UK x

11. Lizi
    February 11, 2019

Ahhh I love a good coat! Love love love the snake skin one of yours! X

February 11, 2019

I definitely don’t wear that one enough! It’s such a good night-out piece though x

12. Alissa Ashley Ackerman
    February 21, 2019

I feel ya with the difficulty getting outfit pics!
    Regardless, this post turned out beautifully, and your vintage coat collection is stunning!… It’s tricky trying to choose a favorite between them! They are all so classy and nostalgic… I agree wholeheartedly, though, that green can make for an amazing staple piece color (I can see why you love the green leather coat so much!..)… especially with a wardrobe that consists of lots of earthy-tones! Greens and browns are my top, go-to colors as well.

– 💕 Alissa Ackerman | Fashion-Philosophy Blogger at https://StoryBehindTheCloth.com

February 22, 2019

Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I can’t wait to add more to my collection x