A Foodie’s Guide to… Seville

You might know already that I took a trip to Seville at the end of the year. After posting a bit about what I wore on the trip it only felt right for me to carry on the Sevillian theme with a classic food guide. I’ve written a few food guides in the past, for Liverpool and Malaga, and I wanted to continue with one about my trip to Seville. So, here are a few of the amazing places that I visited and the food that I ate!

Casa Rafita, Calle Marques de la Mina

When I think about a classic Spanish tapas bar the decor in Casa Rafita is what comes to mind. Glass cabinets each filled with a different tapas from tortilla to albondigas to stew, what could be better! Something that I’m sure you will have noticed that stood out to me when I visited was the amount of wines that are on display.

Every wall in the bar was covered entirely in wine bottles. Definitely an original bit of decor! The stand-out dish for me was by far their tuna steak in olive oil with thinly sliced potatoes. It really felt like such a luxurious dish but was still quite light to eat.

The tuna was so spectacular that I returned the next day just to taste it another time. That’s when you know you’ve stumbled across something amazing!

Eslava, Calle Eslava

Three words. Cheese Ice Cream. Oh my god my mind was absolutely blown by this dessert. Served with a sprig of lemon thyme (I know! How weirdly wonderful?), a sweet wafer biscuit and sugar-granule-filled jam, this was possibly the best dessert I have ever tasted. I remember first tasting it and wondering what it reminded me of. After one..or two more days of having it as my dessert I finally figured it out. It was basically an ice cream version of a cheesecake! Honestly it’s worth taking a trip to Seville purely to try this if, like me, you’re a huge cheese lover.

Continuing on with my love affair with cheese brings us to this spinach and ricotta “cigarro”. A long roll of crispy filo pastry stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese, this dish was the definition of light. Accompanied with a squid ink bechamel sauce this was perfect alongside a cheeky glass of red wine.

Or a glass of rosé…

Cinco Jotas, Calle Castelar

This was one of my favourite afternoon spots from the trip. There’s nothing better than sitting at the bar ordering a glass of rosado and snacking on a few green olives. In the past few years I’ve suddenly come to really appreciate a good wine, and there was definitely plenty for me to try in Seville.

A glass of rosé wine in a tapas bar in Seville, Spain.

I’m sure you can all agree that the decor in this bar/restaurant is pretty beautiful. Above the bar was a sort of second floor that was simply there to display plants and bottles of wine. The rounded, semi-circle shape of the bar was something that I absolutely loved as well. One of my favourite features is a bar that takes centre stage and this one definitely did.

Two glasses of rosé wine in a tapas bar in Seville, Spain.

Berrinche Tapas i Barra, Calle Tomás de Ibarra

My final stop on my foodie’s guide to Seville was a Sevillian twist on a chicken curry. I know a chicken curry isn’t exactly what you’d think when imagining your favourite tapas. However, this bite-sized one definitely had a taste of Spain about it. This wasn’t the only dish that I tried at Berrinche Tapas i Barra but it was the only one I took a picture of. I was too busy eating the others to remember to take one…

Chicken curry and fragrant rice tapas in Seville, Spain.

Thanks for reading. Have you ever been to Seville before? Or maybe just to Spain as a whole? Where are some of your favourite places in Spain to visit? I’m always looking to visit new spaces within the country so any suggestions send them my way.

Read next: Style Snap: What I Wore in Seville

January 10, 2019

I just have to say that walk of wine bottles looks absolutely amazing! The food looks stunning too but the wine sounds amazing and I would probably drinks all of it x

Kayleigh Zara 💀🥀www.kayleighzaraa.com

January 10, 2019

Haha it was difficult not to drink all the wine when I was there! Thanks for commenting x

2. Sarah Jones
    January 10, 2019

The food looks divine! I’ve never actually been to Spain but if the foods anything like what you’ve shared, I’ll be adding it to my bucket list 🙂
    Sarah x

January 13, 2019

It was amazing! Definitely take a trip there when you can x

3. Rhianna
    January 10, 2019

Omg, what – cheese ice cream?! Where has this been all my life, seriously?! Great round up, and love the pics! Want that tuna steak!

Rhianna x

January 13, 2019

It’s honestly amazing, my mind was blown! Thank you x

4. Vikki Hale
    January 10, 2019

I am very intrigued by the Cheese Ice Cream, I must say!! This is a great post and will keep this post in mind for if I ever go to Seville!!

Vikki | http://planetvikkiblog.wordpress.com

January 13, 2019

It was pretty fabulous haha! X

5. Taiwo
    January 10, 2019

This post made me so hungry! Your pictures were not helping either 😂😘 I haven’t been to Spain but it’s on my travel bucket list 😊 Great post xx

Taiwo | https://www.alifestylenerd.wordpress.com

Haha sorry not sorry 😋 thank you! X

6. Britt K
    January 10, 2019

Everything looks delicious, but I am seriously intrigued by the cheese ice cream…
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

Haha it was so yummy x

7. Megan Elizabeth
    January 11, 2019

I went to Seville in November! It’s such a beautiful place. We didn’t have time to go to many restaurants but it looks like you found some great ones. Did manage to get some good ice cream though 🙂

January 13, 2019

Oh how lovely! My parents go every year so they took me to all the best spots haha x

8. Asher Downer
    January 13, 2019

Yum Yum yum! All this photo looks so so good!

Thank you! X

9. Lex
    January 13, 2019

This food looks amazing! I definitely want to visit Seville soon!

January 13, 2019

It was so lovely! Definitely take a trip when you can x

10. Aimsy
    January 13, 2019

OMG, all of that food looks delicious! The cheese ice cream sounds intriguing. You also can’t beat a glass of good wine.
    Looks like you hade a great foodie trip in Seville. I would love to visit someday, and I know I will be heading back to your post if I do!
    Have you been to Madrid before? That has some great places to grab a bit to eat, especially San Gines for churros!

Lovely post.

Aimsy xoxo

January 16, 2019

The cheese ice cream was insanely good! I have been to Madrid actually! I went about 6 years ago in the Winter and loved it. I’d love to go back again soon 🙂 x

11. Natonya
    January 13, 2019

I must say the decor looks absolutely fantastic! Always wanted to go to Spain it’s on my destinations list. But the core is amazing and the tuna looks like one you can’t miss! ️ I wished we had a tapas bar here in the US.😂

Natonya

January 16, 2019

There were so many beautifully decorated places! Definitely get yourself to Spain when you have the chance – it’s by far my favourite country to visit. x

12. Dominika
    January 22, 2019

So many good places! I really want to visit Seville! 😁

January 22, 2019

It’s such a lovely city! X

13. Francesca Wellman
    February 3, 2019

This has made me want to go back to the city and eat far too much tapas all over again!

Francesca x | glutenfreehorizons.com