Style Snap: University OOTD

With deadlines coming up at the end of this term, it’s safe to say that I’ve been a little bit quiet over on the ole blog front. I’m not going to lie to you guys, I’ve been up to absolutely nothing other than university work over the last two weeks. Unfortunately, spending all of my time working on my dissertation and studio work has meant that I haven’t exactly had the time to do anything that’s worthwhile blogging about.Β The one thing I have been doing, however, is spending A LOT of time at university. So, I thought that maybe I should start a new potential blog series of what I wear in an average day; starting with a typical university OOTD.

White blouse and jewellery.

You might already know from reading a few of my posts that I’ve written a series on What University Students Are Wearing.Β  I got in touch with a few other student bloggers and featured them and their outfits, along with a little interview. It was a great way to connect with some other bloggers who, like me, are studying at uni. Plus I got to feature some fashion-based posts on my blog which I loved!

Dr Martens crossbody bag, white blouse, jewellery and jeans.

It came to my attention recently, however, that I don’t feature my own style very much on my blog. So, obviously I had to rectify this situation!Β With so much going on in university, I love the idea of doing a few quick little fashion posts. It’ll let me share my style with you all and won’t cut into my studying time too much while I’m busy over the next month or so. Hopefully you’ll enjoy seeing what it is that I wear to uni on a daily basis.

White blouse, necklace, ring, earrings, flatlay.

Something that I’ve been doing a lot of recently is wearing a fairly neutral outfit with a few key accessories. Ever since I started looking into ways to enhance my outfits with accessories, I’ve been toning down my usual looks. Instead of patterned tops I’ve been wearing statement rings or bold earrings. Since for now I don’t have my own photographer, I’ve gone for the classic mirror selfie (don’t judge!).

White blouse, straight leg jeans and pointed ankle boots.

Even though I’m toning down my looks, I definitely feel as though I’m dressing up a bit more. Maybe it’s something that has come with age, maybe not. Either way, I love showing up to university in a put-together outfit. A great outfit just puts me in a good mood!

White blouse, straight leg jeans and pointed ankle boots.

White blouse, straight leg jeans and pointed ankle boots.

Shop the Look

What is your go-to outfit for university? Do you normally dress-up or down? Comment below, I’d love to hear about what your everyday looks are. Let me know what you thought of this style of post and whether you want to see more outfit posts!

1. Asher Downer
    November 17, 2018

Love the outfit! You should definitely talk more about your own style!

November 17, 2018

Aw thanks Asher! I’m hoping to write some more posts about my style soon πŸ™‚ x

2. Kate Halcrow
    November 18, 2018

I love this outfit! White blouses are always so classic and look good with so many different looks.
    I enjoyed reading this πŸ™‚ When I was at uni I definitely dressed casually, but that was back in the day of piano key belts, hipster jeans and converse πŸ˜€ However, when I was on placement in schools I dressed up more professionally. My style has completely changed since those days! Good luck with all of your uni work.

November 18, 2018

Aw thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed reading 😊 I definitely have a few casual days but I love dressing up when I can x

3. Gemma
    November 18, 2018

I adore this outfit! Especially the shirt, definitely very stylish and would even work for in the office. I’m always on the search for new items to add to my wardrobe. I like the idea of adding accessories that make your outfit pop rather than bright clothing.

Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

November 18, 2018

Thank you so much Gemma! It’d be perfect for the office – that’s what is so great about it πŸ™‚ x

4. Bailey Armitage
    November 18, 2018

Love this outfit!

November 18, 2018

Thanks! x

5. Rachel
    November 18, 2018

I just LOVE this outfit and such a good post too! I will definitely need to be purchasing a similar shirt! I also really like your accessories, so stylish xx

November 18, 2018

Aw thank you so much Rachel! x

6. Rhianna
    November 22, 2018

I love this outfit! I love the colours for autumn! 😍

November 23, 2018

Aw thank you lovely! x

7. Michelle Gil
    November 23, 2018

Lately, my go-to outfit is a bodysuit with either blue denim or black denim with some boots. I should write my go-to clothes since being an art student most of the clothes don’t survive.

Michelle| http://www.brokebutflawless.com

November 23, 2018

Can’t go wrong with a denim and boot combo! Haha see that’s the perk of making digital artwork – no messy clothes πŸ™‚ X

8. Kate Ballamy
    December 9, 2018

I love this outfit, especially that gorgeous shirt! I’m so tempted to order it for myself! The accessories go together perfectly πŸ™‚

Kate | http://www.katelovesx.co.uk/

December 11, 2018

Thank you so much! I love dressing up my outfits with a few little accessories πŸ™‚ x

December 9, 2018

I absolutely love this outfit, such a good style and so well put together! When I’m not in work, my go to outfit is a jumper and skinny jeans/mom jeans. So simple and comfortable to wear! xx

December 11, 2018

Thanks Lucy! You can never go wrong with a pair of jeans πŸ™‚ x

10. Stef