5 Summer Dresses That You NEED

When it comes to the summertime, a great dress is an absolute essential to have ready to wear. A versatile piece that can be worn from day to night, there are so many variations perfect for the warmer weather. For a while now I’ve been meaning to share more fashion-related content on my blog. I’m a huge lover of fashion but I just don’t have the resources to post as many fashion-related or outfit-based blog posts. Which is a huge shame! Anyway, I’ve selected five dresses that I think will be the base of your wardrobes for the summer – something for every occasion. From a BBQ party with friends and family to a dressed up summer wedding perhaps? And… with all dresses coming in at under £50, there’s something for everyone!

Slip Dress

I remember a little while ago that slip dresses were all the rage in the fashion world. Although, even now I think they’re such a neccesity for the summer. I absolutely love the fact that it can be incorporated into any look. Whether that be dressed up with heels, layered over a t-shirt or even adding a biker jacket for a rock n roll vibe.

Casual Dress

One of my favourite looks to channel during this time of year is a simple dress with a pair of trainers. As a student, wearing comfortable shoes has been a key part of my lifestyle. So I was glad to hear that the trainer trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The fact that I can pair a cute summer dress with a pair of flats and still be on trend is the dream! This dress from Topshop (almost all of these are from Topshop ngl guys) is the ideal piece for a casual look.

Denim Dress

Lets just start by saying I LOVE a denim dress. I think it’s the fact that you always look so put-together whenever you wear one (does anyone else feel like that as well?) Styled with a pair of wedged sandals, the denim dress is the perfect look for any smart-casual event that you have planned over the summer. This high-neck, zipped front variation on the classic gives it a two-dress-in-one effect. Zipped up for the office and unzipped to a v-front for after office drinks!

Classy, Summer Party Dress

When I first saw this dress I instantly thought of an outdoor cocktail party of some kind. Not that I’ll be going to many of them this summer… If you’ve got a summer wedding to attend this would make for the perfect outfit for the occasion! Pair it with a strappy pair of of heels, a bold red lip and a shawl for a super classy evening look.

The Floaty Dressed-up Dress

I’m not even sure if I can class “floaty dressed-up dress” as a style of dress but for the sake of this post it’s a thing that exists! Something that I’ve noticed is how on trend the wrap dress is at the moment. One of my absolute favourite styles of dress, the wrap-dress is another great casual-chic piece for the summer time. Plus, a great perk is they’re totally adjustable! Ideal for when you slightly over-indulged at the summer BBQ and need that bit of extra room (we’ve all been there – don’t lie to yourself!).

As always, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this little change up in post style as much as I did when I was writing it. What’re your go-to dresses for the summer time? Are you a dress person at all? Let me know!

Shop the Post

1. Elle
    July 24, 2018

That denim ASOS dress is absolutely stunning, I might have to be a bit naughty with my online shopping! I love this post, shopping for dresses yourself can be quite the task so it’s nice to have a selection of picks like this!

July 24, 2018

It’s gorgeous isn’t it! Glad you enjoyed the post 🙂 xx

2. Stef
    July 24, 2018

Great post! I love that denim dress! But I notice you forgot one style, the popular maxi dress One of my summer favourites!

Stef | forkandveg.com

July 24, 2018

Oh that’s true! I look pretty awful in a maxi dress so I think I just automatically forgot to include it for that reason haha xx

3. Paige
    July 27, 2018

Completely agree with all of these, especially the casual dress! Love having a dress that I can wear wherever I go!

July 30, 2018

Same here! Thanks for the comment lovely 🙂 xx

4. The Ordinary Blogger
    July 27, 2018

Obsessed with the denim dress! Brilliant post, thanks for sharing!

July 30, 2018

Isn’t it amazing!? I fell in love when I found it online 🙂 xx

5. Natonya
    July 27, 2018

Your post was so well organized! This is a great topic to focus on for summer. I say my go to dresses are more print focused, I must have striped or floral dress in the summer, complete essential for me. I like wearing t-shirt dresses and canvas sneakers together too!

Natonya | http://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

July 30, 2018

Aw thank you! I don’t think anyone has ever said that about my blog before so it’s lovely to hear 🙂 I’m all about the polka-dots at the moment but stripes and florals are definitely essentials in my holiday wardrobe as well. xx

6. Bexa
    July 27, 2018

I love these dresses, they are all so pretty and perfect for summer! My favourites are the casual stripey dress with trainers and the denim dress. Both are super cute and stylish! Thank you for sharing! 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

July 30, 2018

I love dressing down a cute dress with some trainers – it’t just so comfortable! Thank you for the lovely comment 🙂 xx

7. Holly
    July 27, 2018

I’m very much into my linen shirt dresses right now in a bid to stay cool!
    Great ideas to diversify here though. Thanks!

July 30, 2018

Linen is such an amazing material for the warm weather! I wish I could find some cool shirt dresses because I absolutely love them 🙂 Thanks for the comment xx

8. Ana
    July 28, 2018

This is so cool! This summer I decided to buy some midi dresses. I like the fact that they’re fresh but also comfortable and I can walk without worrying about showing something I don’t want to :p

xoxo

Blog – Maria Rita
    > Follow my blog in Bloglovin

July 30, 2018

Hahaha that’s what I love about them too! Nothing worse than going out in a mini dress and worrying about it blowing up in the wind :’) xx

9. Barbara
    August 4, 2018

Wow, these are really a must have. Great selection and thanks for sharing. 🙂

August 4, 2018