Another award nomination?!? AHH!! Thank you so much to Jenn V for nominating me for this award, it’s so lovely that you thought of me! The Blogger Recognition Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers to reward their hard work. Let me tell you, it feels amazing to earn the recognition of the blogging community.
Once nominated, you can either accept or ignore the award. Upon accepting this award, there are few rules you need to follow:
- Write a blog post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers to nominate.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
HOW FEMALE ORIGINAL BEGAN
There wasn’t a specific influence behind my blog when I first started it. I didn’t know much about blogging or anything about any big name bloggers out there and so I just decided to give it a go myself and see what it was all about. I’d had a few little blogs in the year before I decided to make Female Original which were mostly food-based blogs which I treated as an online recipe book for my own benefit. However, as I was coming up to my 20th birthday this summer, I just started thinking about trying something new and entering a new chapter of my life with a new hobby.
I felt as though I had so much information and advice that I wanted to share with people and hopefully help them out in any way that I could, and knew that blogging would be a great way to do this.
ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS
Honestly I’m still very new to blogging, but I definitely have a few tips already despite not having as much experience as so many other amazing bloggers out there! My two biggest pieces of advice to new bloggers would have to be:
- Write about what you know: This is something that I believe to be incredibly important when you’re figuring out what you want to include on your blog. I think it can be easy to slip into the mindset that you have to be a certain type of person or write about a certain subject to be a well-known blogger but this isn’t the case! If you aren’t passionate about beauty then don’t put it on your blog – you’ll just end up resenting your blog if you aren’t writing about what you know and love.
- Make yourself a Twitter account: Not only is Twitter a great way to promote your blog content but it’s also an amazing way to meet other bloggers! The amount of great people that I’ve met in my 3 or so months of blogging is insane – and everyone is so lovely.
Here are my nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award – obviously you don’t have to respond to your nominations if you don’t want to!
- Popular is Wrong
- What is Maria
- The Nelly Belly
- Vegan Babe Life
- Rabia Rambles
- Abby Clare Blog
- Kymberlee Faye
- Pale Girl Rambling
- The Owlet
- Ella Renee